Global wedding and event design firm savvyplanners.com, and all of its subsidiaries, have been added to the restricted roster of service providers approved by the Shreveport/Bossier (LA) Film Commission.
Having been authorized to appear in the commission’s database, now makes savvyplanners.com and its companies front and center in the minds, and within reach of Hollywood and worldwide filmmakers, directors, producers, actors and crews seeking professional lifestyle and celebrity care assistance.
The savvyplanners.com brand family includes: A private jet fleet; Worldwide, V-VIP concierge care; global, luxury villa and estate rentals available for film locations and celebrity hideaways and more.
In addition to the company’s principal event design business, the company’s subsidiaries include: savvyTravel™ (a full-service travel agency); savvyLiving™ (Conciergerie); savvyAir-on-Demand (Private Jet Aviation); and savvyStays™ (High-end, luxe, villas, mansions and estates around the world).
“I am beyond thrilled that the film commission deemed us acceptable and worthy of placement on their list! This is right up our alley as a brand” said General Manager and Senior Event Designer, Marcinho Savant. ’I am greatly looking forward to the pending meeting with the Director of the commission up in Shreveport, awaiting scheduling opportunities.
”Caring for celebrities in high-importance, high-pressure, situations is first-nature to me. It is what I’ve been training for, and living, all my life and the skills I’ve shared with all, key, members of our management team.”
The list placement happened today, so the company has yet to book any contracts with the studios or industry members.
The company’s Global Technical Director, Frank Eckert, was truly elated at the news of this development. ”This is so outstanding! I’m honored to be a part of this dynamic and groundbreaking company and all our efforts to bring the very best care, across our brand spectrum, to clients all over the world”, he said.
Shreveport has earned the nickname “Hollywood South” and has been the home of many film projects including:
- The Guardian (2006): Ashton Kutcher and Kevin Costner
- Not Like Everyone Else (2006) (TV Movie)
- Factory Girl (2006): Sienna Miller and Guy Pearce
- Initiation of Sarah (2006): Morgan Fairchild and Jennifer Tilly
- The Great Debaters (2007): Denzel Washington
- Mr. Brooks (2007): Kevin Costner, William Hurt, and Demi Moore
- Premonition (2007): Sandra Bullock and Julian McMahon
- Blonde Ambition (2007): Jessica Simpson and Luke Wilson
- Cleaner (2007): Samuel L. Jackson
- The Mist (2007): Thomas Jane, Toby Jones, and Marcia Gay Harden
- The Last Lullaby (2008): Tom Sizemore
- Wonderful World (2007): Matthew Broderick
- Soul Men (2008) Samuel L. Jackson, Bernie Mac
- Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins (2008): Michael Clarke Duncan and Martin Lawrence
- The Longshots (2008): Ice Cube, Keke Palmer, and Fred Durst
- Disaster Movie (2008): Vanessa Minillo, Matt Lanter, and Kim Kardashian
- Year One (2008): Jack Black and Michael Cera
- W. (2008): Josh Brolin, Richard Dreyfuss, and James Cromwell
- Front of the Class (2008): Treat Williams, Patricia Heaton
- Mad Money (2008): Diane Keaton, Ted Danson, Katie Holmes and Queen Latifah
- Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (2008): John Cho and Kal Penn
- Deadly Exchange (2009): John McTiernan
- The Killing Room (2009): Chloë Sevigny, Nick Cannon, and Timothy Hutton
- I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell (2009): Matt Czuchry, Jesse Bradford and Geoff Stults
- Haynesville (2010) (Documentary)
- 6 Month Rule (2010)
- Vampires Suck (2010): Matt Lanter, Diedrich Bader, Jenn Proske
- Straw Dogs (2011) James Marsden, Kate Bosworth
- Drive Angry (2011) Nicolas Cage
- Battle: Los Angeles (2011) Michelle Rodriguez, Bridget Moynahan
At this year’s Academy Awards, Shreveport-based Moonbot Studios’ animated short film, “The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore”, won the OSCAR for “Best Animated Short”.
“There are such a good number of talented people and companies in the database that have been serving the film community since Shreveport/Bossier became a location of choice for shooting films. They have blazed the trail here, thank heavens. I look forward to being of any assistance I can to them all.
“I’m just very honored and pleased to be blessed with the opportunity to enhance the offerings to the movie professionals, and to be able to care for a host of their needs, at a very high level, with only one phone call to us!” Savant added.
savvyplanners.com is not an employee of the film commission, rather, a sub-contractor for hire to fulfill the critical needs of the film industry, before, during and after their shoot here in Northwest Louisiana.
Placement of the company on the film commissions resource site is already made and services will be provided as soon as practicable.
Contact: Nico Pellegrini, Dir. PR & Marketing
877.529-0587 or 646-688-4461